edgit pro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass_cuttin_fool, Jan 6, 2006.

1. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I ordered and edgit pro for my stihl whip yesterday, I hope I lioke it as good as most people do, if not........it wont be the 1st theing that I bought that I didnt like lol. I also have a craftsman walkbehind edger, a stihl fs85 with an edger attacthment. Im hoping that the Edgit pro will work better on the edge of flower beds and maybe I can get by with it for light clean ups on side walks. According to the video it will replace my other 2 edgers but I will wait and see. I know alot of guys edge with a string trimmer with good results, but it seems im just to incosistent with just a trimmer

2. nt1

nt1 LawnSite Senior Member

Its easy to get "lazy" holding a string trimmer out across or over your body edging with a trimmer( inconsistant edges). It does get tiring sometimes, but I still usually use a string trimmer for edging and trimming on most properties. Because of the time savings of not making two trips to the trailer to get a stick edger and then coming back for string trimmer to trim and then of course again for the blower.

I have been considering getting an edgit just to save my back muscles from tiring during long summers. It appears that when edging the weight of the trimmer head is supported by the disc, taking some strain off of the user.

Is this a correct assumption?

If so I will probably have to try one out.
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

Im not sure but I have heard other members say that the disk does rotate so Im thinking that it does. Any one out there know for sure?
  4. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, it takes all the weight off that end of the trimmer. And it's the BEST tool for edging along beds, period.
  5. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Six years with the same EDGIT but it is time to replace this great purchase as the bearings are gone (disk no longer rotates freely).. Would suggest that any one contemplating a purchase of an Edgit put it on a trimmer with a motor of at least 23cc as you are swinging a lot of string and the larger cc'd motors will have the torque needed to keep the rpm's up in the heavy stuff.
    Will take a couple weeks of use before your body gets use to the additional weight of the trimmer but rolling it along an established edge getting a perfect 90° cut makes it all worth while.
    Use your wheeled or stick edger to establish (cut a fresh edge) at the beginning of the year and then use the edgit for edge maintenance.

6. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

Where do you find one of these? I have never seen nor heard of one? Thanks for the help!!!

7. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

8. grass_cuttin_fool

There is a store on Ebay that sells them also. I can tell you the name of it in a pm. Not sure I should advertise it here on the forum

9. topcat

topcat LawnSite Member
    from Bflo

Edgit is a great tool - highly recommend it. Makes edging sidewalks, driveways and beds real easy.
  10. kfish

kfish LawnSite Member

I have a Stihl FC85 edger that I've been using for a couple years and it works very well. Is there an advantage to using the Edgit? Is the edgit a spinning metal disk or what?