Edgit Pro?????

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Brian B, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Brian B

Brian B LawnSite Senior Member

is this a good product does it work or what? it seems to cheap to really work. thanks

here's the site to the product so you can see it. http://edgit.com/

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It has its uses, but it does NOT edge. It helps keep up an existing edge, though.

3. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

If the product is anything like the website i'd pass on it. Looks kinda flimsy.

4. rocksrscott

rocksrscott LawnSite Member

I have one and love it. :clapping:
    If you get one I would only get one for a straight shaft trimmer not for a curved trimmer.
    It is great for maintaining an edge, but not in creating one. :rolleyes:
    I have not used a stick edger but we do have two walk behind edgers to start an edge with.
    Some people love em some people hate em.
    If you have not mastered the art of edging with a line trimmer this will give you a much better edge than you are getting now.
    It works great for me because I can go from edging to trimming without changing equipment.
    I could do it with a line trimmer now but I like how I can almost run with the Edgit in a groove and not have to look down or walk backward all hunched over. :hammerhead:

Good luck on choosing you will get quite a few opinions on this subject.
    If you can find someone close to you that has one you could try would be the best way to find out if it would work for you.

I just looked and you are in Marion, Ohio do you get to Columbus any? I could let you try one out.

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I agree with Runner and rocksrscott..........I have one and like it alot......really nice maintaining the edge on flower beds out in the yard too

wayne

6. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I agree ... I'm passing on this one.

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

LOL its not flimsy, but dont take my word for it..................for me it was money wellllllllllllllllllll spent

wayne

8. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

can u still trim with the plate on it without any problems?

i just watched the video...it looks like it does its job pretty well

9. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

i personally like it also. like everyone else said, its great for maintaining and edge. and i really like it for flower bed edges where there is no curb or sidewalk. it trims just fine also.

10. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I think you'd be better off in the long run to just get a good stick edger, like a Stihl. I used to just have the push edger and the trimmer, so I would maintain edges with the trimmer, I finally spent the $300 for a Stihl edger and have 0 regrets. My edges look nicer, I can get 25-30 lawns out of a spool on the trimmer, instead of the 12-15 when I was using it like an edger, and my trimmers get less use and last longer.
    The right tool for the right job, period.
    BTW my Stihl is 3 years old and runs like new, all I do is put in fuel and change the blade occasionally.