Edgit question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EJD Lawnpride, Apr 13, 2008.

1. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

Can someone please show a close up pic of how the edgit hooks up. I got the stihl fs100rx and a redmax. The guide doesn't seem to fit correctly.

2. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

I don't have a pic, but once you get your edgit, it is pretty easy to hook up. Take the guard and spool and play with the holes on the edgit until they line up to your trimmer. If you call Edgit, he should know what models Edgit fits. Worse case scenario, you may have to drill a hole out of the edgit just a little to get them to line up. Once the edgit is on, put the spool back on and you should be in business.

3. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

There is a plastic guide, and the angle seems funny, Also, the instructions say to hook up the 4 screws,but there is only two spots for them. Do I need the plastic bracket that holds the trimmer guard?

4. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

I don't remember a plastic bracket but you will have to play with it. The angle will seem off but will be right when you get it on provided it is installed right. Not seeing your trimmer doesn't help me as I am familiar with Echo. If you want, call Edgit and the person you talk to will probably be the owner and he is very nice and helpful to talk to! If you can get the holes to line up, you may have to drill 2 others but a quick call may save you some trouble.

5. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I hooked mine to an Echo, so I can't help except to say that mine wasn't drilled right either. So I just drilled it out myself and went on my way. Works great and I hate using my non Edge-It stick now...