1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Edgit trimmer attachments

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Prestige-Lawncare, Jun 21, 2013.

1. underESTIMATED

underESTIMATED LawnSite Member

You cant fault him too bad. Its his first year in business. Reading must not be his strong suite. :laugh:

I ordered mine on Wednesday and it arrived on Friday.

I will test it out this week.
  2. JohnnyCuts

JohnnyCuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

I second this.
  3. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I'm using my Edgit for the third season. I put it on an Echo high torque trimmer. The longer string never pulls the engine down with the high torque. I have several trimmers that I can use but usually use the one with the Edgit.

I had know about the Edgit for a number of years. After I purchased one, I wondered why I waited so long.
  4. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

If you don't have one get one.
  5. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I admit it...I've never tried one, or even seen one in person. But, these things look like they'd get in the way even more than a guard. While some will certainly disagree, I prefer guard-off trimming so I can get into tighter places to do detail work. An Edgit seems like a big step backward.
  6. ExmarkBoy

ExmarkBoy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I used to think pretty much the same thing. Try one. Get one. You'll change your mind.
  7. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

How do you trim in really tight areas...like around a gas meter near the house OR near wooden fences & posts meet? Please do not tell me I'll need a trimmer w/o an Edgit to perform these tasks.
  8. Rll131

Rll131 LawnSite Member

Let out more string and trim around tight areas.