1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Edgit Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Harvestman, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

Any of you guys use this attachment for your trimmers? If so what do you think? Can you do sidewalks and regular trimming with it? Pros & cons please. Thanks Harvestman
  2. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

No but with enought practice and 155 line i was getting pretty good.But the best look is still a push or stick edger.
  3. kroll

kroll LawnSite Member

best 60.00 I spent. I like it for trimming large areas it takes fatigue off the arms and saves time
    buy it you will like it.I still prefer stick edger
    but the edgit will edge ok
  4. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

5. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I like mine. If you get one give it a week. Most guys try it but don't give it a chance. Great under chain link and for edging. However a blade does look better.
  6. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I LOVE mine. The finished look is as good or better than a blade. The secret is to use it as the directions say. Hold the loop with your RIGHT hand, hold the throttle with your LEFT hand, walk forwards, dragging the edgit behind you. After a couple hours of this, you will be addicted! I usually use the edgit just for edging, when trimming, the Edgit causes a suction problem that makes it hard to use. But when I do use it for a quick trim, I switch it back to right handed. I think you should try one, you'll like it. And, you WILL turn heads using it.

One thing, it should be used on an Echo trimmer, which is what it is made for. And use .90 line, .80 breaks too often.
  7. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Have used 2 for years and wouldn't hav eit any other way. Run echo 2500-2600? and .90 line with auto feed heads.

On etrip around the property and you can edge any hard surface, tree wells and beds and routine trimming. Makes for super efficiency.