Edgit works!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by khutch, Jun 7, 2004.

1. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

Just got my Edgit today, installed it and gave it a test run.
    I'd say it works very well...Fool proof real nice edge, seems impossible to run out of the edge and into the turf. I know pride sometimes gets in the way of our abilities, but if I have to pay $70 for a better edge, faster, isn't that what all the add-ons (Blade-Blocker, Pro-Slide, Magna-Matic, etc, etc, etc...) for this industry are all about. Hey, If ya got a nice edge already, more power to ....Edgit also goes under chain link fences great!
    Just my .02004 (adjusted for inflation)

2. sprout

sprout LawnSite Member

:D I had two of'em, they worked real good. Wore'em out.

3. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

what are they? Post some pics....

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I been thinking about getting one. I am going to get a echo split shaft string trimmer soon. Might just get one on it. I do a lot of 3 rail fencing with the chain link inside to keep the dogs in. Eat up to much line.

5. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

Sailinstud: Edgit is a rotating disc that mounts on your trimmer head. It allows you to follow the "edge" of a hard surface like driveway by simply rolling along tht existing edge. Keeps you in the edge and keeps a consistant depth. You can walk forward as fast as you want! I have a lot a lawns w/thick zoysia and it was way too easy to come out of that edge right in to the turf. NASTY!
    No problem w/Edgit. For fences, the disc protect the line and allows you to go under but right up to the chain link and never touch it. Impossible to get snarled in the fencing.
    Their website has more info: www.Edgit.com

6. parafighter4

parafighter4 LawnSite Member

edgit will save you money on trimmer line eventually. great for running along side anything you are trimming. keeps you from getting in to close and chewing line up.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I bought one. Tried it out...took it off. Its been in the box ever since. Yes it works. Problem is that if you have been doing this a long time its gonna be real hard to re-train yourself to use it.

8. CoachLinz

CoachLinz LawnSite Member

65hoss-

Which trimmer model is the one you have meant for? If it will fit an Echo, I'll buy it if you want to unload it sinec you don't use it.

9. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

give us pics.

10. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

65 hoss. will it fit a shindaiwa t231? I'll buy it from you if it does.