Edgit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sleepy, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Sleepy

Sleepy LawnSite Member

Anyone here use an edgit on their trimmers? What do you think of it? Worth the $ ? Thanks.

2. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

i think many people on here use them and seem to love them. i know there are many tips and things that make them perform better but i'll let them explain it to you. edgit seems like a good idea

3. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

I had one and it worked great. The triimer i had it on went down and the one I replaced it with won't work with it. Next trimmer I get I'll make sure it fits.

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah they work good, I have one. When I first put it on, I hated it, but now that I'm used to it, it feels awkward to use a trimmer with out one.

5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I got my first this summer and just received my 2nd today in the mail. I ordered it just in case they close doors and I can't get one in future years. So yeah, I think it works great.

7. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

they work great for maintaining and edge, just don't get to much line out or you'll make a wide gap between sidewalk and turf. where the edgit really shines(in my opinion) is around flower beds and edges that have no curb or sidewalk.its very easy to edge them nice and straight.

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I agree 100% with the qoute. Also I think it does great for maintaining and edge onthe sidewalk. I dont like it for creating or the 1st time edge on a sidewalk, the stick edger for a blade is the best for that (my opinion)

wayne

9. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I love mine, I think I'm going to use it even more next year. I have 2 stick edgers that I may just stop using entirely, I see no reason for them between the Edgit and my Tanaka 550 (getting a 600 this coming Spring).

10. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I just looked at their web site and see that they offer 2 different models. I have one straight shaft and one curved that is brand new that I just keep as a back-up and was wondering if it works as well on the curved shaft. I also see that the price is less than half for the curved shaft and is a universal fit.

I was thinking of trying to use it with the curved shaft because of the way you need to hold it. The curved shaft is lighter and shorter.

I know most (or all) good trimmers are straight shaft but I happen to have a curved.

Just wondering.:confused: