Edgit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cooter, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Looking to get an Edgit and a new trimmer this year. What would be the best trimmer to get for the Edgit?

2. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

I think that their web site says they will go on any one.
    Jay

3. marckxman

marckxman LawnSite Member

Echo.

The only trimmer it is DESIGNED to go on. People with other trimmers frequently put Echo gearboxes on then so their Edgit bolts up directly.

Other brands must use brackets/ adapters

4. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Has anyone used the edgit before? If so, is it worth getting and how much are they. Also, can you only get one from edgit or do dealers have them?
    Thanks for all replys.

5. T-N-T

T-N-T LawnSite Member

We have shindowa's and we have them on both of them. they work great you just have to tell your help not to bang them on the curbs or steal post they will break but not easy. We have saved about 1 to 1/ half rolls of string using them per season and they really work like the video shows a good investment.

6. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

7. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

This is Absolutely not TRUE! Go to the Web Site and LOOK! I put one on My Stihl in 5 minutes without changing anything.

8. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I already have a Stihl FS110R for the heavy stuff and any attachments that I may need. I am looking for something lighter to use with the edgit. Have both good Echo and Stihl dealers. Also wondering which trimmer head will work the best?

9. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

I use the Stihl Autocut 25 with mine. Its the one that was on the trimmer when I bought it. Also the weight does not seem to be too much of a factor as you roll it.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

It may be the best new invention but I have not seen one in our part of the country. And more importantly the string trimmers are perfect for all our applications. Never had any need for a gas powered edger or the edgers on a trimmer, tried them just TOO much trouble and slow.