edgit

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cliplawn, Apr 3, 2007.

1. cliplawn

cliplawn LawnSite Member

Is the edgit worth the $80 or so it costs?

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I love mine . It takes some getting used to but it replaces the need for an edger on all but the most over grown sidewalks. It also provides a little protection and if you learn to use to correctly you can edge beds and not get grass in them at all ......IMHO well worth the money

3. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

can't you buy stick edgers with guides or are they not of the same quality and ease of use as the Edgit attachment?

4. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Sure you can....but 80 bucks vs. 250 + ..... I will stay with the edgit.

5. Ecoscape01

Ok, I'm confused sorry if I'm just being dumb but try to help me out here! You have more than one unit right? If so, I'm guessing that you have at least one unit for string trimming and one with an edger blade on it. Or do you have one unit in which you switch the trimmer head out for a blade Or do you just edge with your string trimmer head. Cuz your gonna spend 250+ either way if you have more than one unit so thats why I asked "can't you just buy a unit with an edger blade and guide attachment on it already". If you only have one unit and don't wanna spend the money on another and instead buy the edger attachment then that makes sense to me.

6. cliplawn

cliplawn LawnSite Member

This edger work with trimmer string. It is my unerstanding that you can still trim with the guide on it. I've even heard you trim better with it because it keeps you from getting too close to the objects you are trimming.

7. Ecoscape01

darn it won't fit my straight shaft craftsman