Edgit?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blueribbonlawns, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

Thinking about getting a edgit for my trimmer but not real familiar with them
    and if you use them how do you like them.

2. Grassbuster

Grassbuster LawnSite Member

Tried it and did not like it.

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Works great for regular maintaing and edge....Isnt much for creating a 1st time edge

wayne

4. jason_2005lawnman

jason_2005lawnman LawnSite Member

well it works fair;for a first time edge it can be done; just takes a little longer; but once you got your edge its easy and faster than a bladed edger; just when your weed trimming dont let your string get to long; i have two weed trimmers with the disc and two without;

5. Ooomwizard

Ooomwizard LawnSite Senior Member
    from atlanta

LOVE IT!

Found it here and gave one a try. I'll be getting one for every edger we own.

Blade edger is best for cutting first time edge.. everything else is Edgit'd. Was edging with one hand most of the day.

You'll like it. I do.

(I had to repair my edgit today. The halfs separated. Bought 3 SS screws and 3 lock nuts and all is well.)

GL

6. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

thinking about this thing last night and maybe finally buying one to give try. for now was wondering about how their built and for your use, do they hold up ok, anyone?

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

They are pretty tuff....mine is 2 years old and doing good

wayne

8. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I ordered one. Should be here in a few days! I will tell you what I think.

9. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

for now would like to try a fit a fs110 (not sure if these things are interchangeable) but sounds good, thanks wayne.

10. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I dont see any use for them. After some practice with a trimmer you will get really good at edging with out an edgit or whatever. Just go slow at first and before u know it you will be good. Edgits just seem like a waste of money.