Edgit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by heygrassman, Jan 11, 2002.

1. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

All:

I have searched all of last years comments on Edgit. There are comments about extra gas usage, lack of control, etc. There are also comments that is next best to sliced bread.

Any additional thoughts after another season with Edgit? Any substitiutes that compare?

Thanks in advance

2. Integrity

Integrity LawnSite Member

Never heard of it! What is "Edgit"?

3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Isn't it the add on for line trimmers that supposedly permits you to "edge" walks and curbs easier?? Why would anyone need it??

4. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Turf dude is right. I think it would only be useful for new emplyes that dont know how to edge or if your not good at edging with the trimmer but i never used one so Iwouldnt really know.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I have one, has about 1 hrs use on it. Email me an offer, its just collecting dust!:rolleyes:

6. GrassChopper

GrassChopper LawnSite Member

I have gotten two accounts from a guy who uses an Edgit. It does not make cuts as clean as an edger and that caused my lawns to look better than his. Just a consideration.

7. You could get 2 accounts from some one using the wrong blowers.

It's not the product it's the operator.

8. GrassChopper

GrassChopper LawnSite Member

On the contrary, a piece of line cannot provide the straight line that a blade can. Period.

Most people know that a trimmer can't make the nice sharp edge of a blade.

9. Yes but I'll bet I can do just as good with a weed eater.

10. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

It is faster than eye-balling it with a trimmer. A good edge must be in place first,done with a blade. Under cyclone fencing it is a dream, no more string hitting metal. I have had mine three years and love it. It takes more than 1 hour to get used to it.