edgit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Trav, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Trav

Trav LawnSite Member

has anyone ever used the edgit attachment on there trimmer and how did they like it?

2. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I'm working on a wheel that will attach to my trimmer so I can be more precise when I use it for edging. It will be out of the way when trimming. Thats one of my off season projects, I'll post some pics when it's done.

3. dr grass

dr grass Banned

trav - sorry bro. never heard of an edgit. i thought that was the sound that ROSCO P. COLETRAIN made. hey for fun, can anyone tell me what show he was on. ill give you a hint .... he had a little dog that was always with him ... anyone? anyone? anyone ??

shep :p

4. dr grass

dr grass Banned

if anyone gets the answer right, ill come cut their lawn!!! LMAO!!

shep

5. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Dukes of Hazzard and the dog was named Flash !!!

6. dr grass

dr grass Banned

rkbrown - your right!! ill be out there in about a week to cut your grass. please make sure you have everything picked up. ahhh........

shep :p

7. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I think the edgit is a waste of good $$$$, But that is just my .02 worth.:D

8. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

I Bought one this summer. Hated it at first ,but kept at it(about 3 weeks). Now I love that thing. I like how the walks look. It's great for keeping an edge on walks but is horrible at breaking it.

9. edgit

edgit LawnSite Member
    from Kentucy

Trav , go to my website and download the mpeg video, you do have to get used to the edgit and establish its kind of edge. but once you have a groove established you can edge as fast as you can walk, while you also do the trimming.
    At least down load the manicuring system from the site, its called Following the Edge. Its what most contractors do intuitively anyway, if they edge with their trimmer, we just wrote it down for training new operators. Also try doing the trimming and edging left handed, yes I said left handed. youll never walk backwards again. Its much more productive, though it will feel ackward at first. Give it a day.

10. Trav

Trav LawnSite Member

Thanks, All sure try to do it left handed.