Editing posts in Marketplace

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by PTOhioMower, Dec 28, 2005.

1. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

Anyone know the reason you cant edit your own post in the lawnsite marketplace? If you could edit it, there wouldnt be so many duplicate posts when someone forgets to put something in the ad. Also you could edit it to say SOLD and what have you.

So I ask why??

2. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

Good question....I was wondering the same thing????
    I want to add something to my listing as well.

3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

At the top of the marketplace forum there is a post with rules, etc...

I understand the need for editing but we had problems in the past where things were being changed after deals were in progress, etc... and it tied us into - which we did not want.

4. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

That's cool.....thanks for the explanation......

5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I know its not ideal but unless we turn it into an ebay type pay for listings situation editing will need to stay the way it is...and if anyone ever does need anything edited, just email us and let us know and we can do it for you

6. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Hi, cant seem to figure out how to tell a "Moderater that my item is sold?", Thanks:dizzy:

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Hi, is it the Billygoat that is sold?
    On your thread, is there a "report a post" button on the right hand side?
    It looks like this. [​IMG]
    If so, click it, and you can report your own post, just saying that the item is now sold.
    If you can't find that button, then for future reference, you may pm me and tell me.
    Thanks,

8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Ok Jodi, answer this one... Why isn't there any "report post" buttons on any pages on my end??? I have a truck for sale in the marketplace forum and there isn't any icon to report it so it can be removed. I used to have it... I have used it long ago to report spammers late at night on here posting.

I'm sure I'm not loosing it... I hope!

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, I'm not nuts... I just realized that the forum dosn't allow members to report their own posts! I notice that the "report posts" button is on every other post but mine!
    That makes it not possible for members to report their own posts to have them removed from the marketplace... Could be why there's so many pages of stuff on there!

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

hhmmm, thanks for telling me, I hadn't realized that cause on my end, I'm seeing the report a post button. I'll see what I can do, i'll mention it to Pierre. I believe what happens is when he does an upgrade, we lose that report a post feature in the marketplace, if I remember correctly that happened before.