Education Resource.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by White Gardens, Feb 21, 2012.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Looking for a book or literature on irrigation repair and maintenance.

I've got a handful of commercial accounts with irrigation systems that will need to be maintained.

I can do all the small stuff, that's no problem. If I run into anything big then I'll call someone with experience to fix the problem.

Thanks

Nick

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

There is no book, only experience.:nono:

3. A remote helps speed up the learning curve.

4. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I thought there was only Zuul.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. White Gardens

Really, how hard can it be. My JD landscape dealer says anyone can install a system. :jester:

I just want to learn how to maintain one.

6. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

He's right, providing they can read a set of plans. Now design and management takes knowledge, experience, and skill.

Maintain or manage? If you can replace sprinklers and rebuild valves, then you can "maintain" just about any system barring problems with field wiring.

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone can fix a car, too, but each sprinkler system is a one-of-a-kind, and manufacturers are not so eager to reveal the myriad of ways that their products fail in the field.

9. White Gardens

Thanks for the badger! Did see some of this stuff in a web search, but wanted to know what the pros would recommend for maintaining/servicing a system.

The field wiring would be my only real issue. I'm guessing if that happened then I'd be trying to locate wires and that could end up being consuming and tedious, but doable.

That's what stinks. Each installer probably has their preferred way of installing systems. All I feel I really need to do is beef up my knowledge of systems in order to have a starting point when troubleshooting.

Thanks for all your responses guys.

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic