1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Efco Power Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TnT, Jul 29, 2002.

1. TnT

TnT LawnSite Member

Iam in the market for a new weedeater and chainsaw. Does anyone use efco weedeaters, chainsaw, blowers, etc.? How do they compare to echo, sthil, redmax?

2. osualumni

osualumni LawnSite Member

I just lost my efco weed eater yesterday when my garage burned to the ground. It was the absolute best weed eater I have ever owned or used. I am online now searching for another one! I also lost an inexpensive little Poulan 14" chainsaw that was also a wonder. The thing never failed to start! I hope I'm as fortunate when I replace them!
  3. morgaj1

morgaj1 LawnSite Senior Member

4. tstutz

tstutz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Never heard of them or know a dealer that carries them. Will keep my eye out though. I am more than happy with stihl and echo though. Are they comparable in price?
  5. blakerugg

blakerugg LawnSite Senior Member

havent used them but for the guy who lost his in the fire im sorry for ur losses but im pretty sure baileysonline.com has them
  6. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I've seen them but only one dealer here in Orlando carries them. They look and feel really good.
  7. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

I was very impressed with their gas hedge trimmers a few yrs back! I bet their grass trimmers and blowers are just as good?
  8. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Senior Member

I bought an Efco hand held blower last year and I really like it. Seems to be well built.

To the guy whose garage burned down: I don't know where in Arkansas you are from but I know that stanco equipment in Benton AR. carries the Efco Line of hand held equipment.
  9. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

What's special about the hedge trimmer. I went and looked, it's $349 for the 24" with 25cc 2 rings engine. Looks good to me.

How does it compare to other brands?
  10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Whats wrong with a single ring engine? Most of the time a single ring engine has a chrome bore which is much smoother than a cast iron bore and also lasts longer.