Effective broadleaf control with 3gal pumper

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Oasis360, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Oasis360

Oasis360 LawnSite Member

I am not specialized in liquid fertilizer / herbicide applications on wide scale, however I do many residential lawns that contain dandelion, clover, and thistle, and other broadleaf weeds. I focus on prevention and cultural controls first like mow 2 1/2 inches, fertilize 5 times a year, water 1 inch 2x week, and control nearby noxious weeds from spreading to my lawns...

What can I use for fast acting (1 week or less) spot treatment spray application to kill all dandelion, thistles, clover, ect broadleaf and NOT harm my lawns? I run a 3 gal pump sprayer...

Thanks

2. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Try speedzone from pbi Gordon kills a dandelion in 24 hrs.

Charles Cue

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

First get your spray license. Surge is similar to Speedzone, also fast. Dismiss, the active ingred in Surge is also quick. Octane is quicker yet and costs less. However the fast-acting producucts work best on small annual weeds. They are contact kill products, and may not always get the roots. Work great on mallow and purslane.

4. Oasis360

Oasis360 LawnSite Member

So which is the most cost effective multi broadleaf herbicide that can be used as a spot treatment? When studying for spray applicators licence will I learn most of this? Thanks :)
    Posted via Mobile Device