Effectiveness

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BVLAWNCARE, Oct 23, 2004.

1. BVLAWNCARE

BVLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

How effective are newspaper ads?
    and also, I was looking at the Better Quick 36 lawn mower... Does anyone know how well these machines perform and if they are worth buying? Also, are there places in the Chicago area that I can test out one?

Thanks guys, and have a good evening

2. Mile High

Mile High LawnSite Member

As for Newspaper ads I think you are asking about advertising to get new customers with a display ad, not advertising in the classifieds for help. Depends on the paper, its circulation, how many pages are in it and where they place your ad. We have used a free local paper that all the residents in our Serb get and had mixed results. If they bury the ad on page 34 no one sees it and we get no calls; but if its April and we can get on page 2 or 3, then the phone rings. We have found its worthwhile in the early spring and fall when people are looking for our services.

I have a 36" Hydro Snapper. Durable and easy to use mower, but it does not stripe well. The floating deck is a bad design and the threaded bolts that allow you to take the deck up and down easily get over heated by the muffler and it warps the bolt so you can't use it. I would look for another brand before I bought another.