Efficiency mowing setup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by JimsLocalLawn, Feb 2, 2013.

1. jimjoy12

jimjoy12 LawnSite Member

Im sorry capt man i miss workin for you I love being on your boat still have the same bunch of guys.

2. chagh2.0

chagh2.0 LawnSite Member

Same guys yes but old man rich but he still works for me fixin everything i brake
    jim do you want to make a trip or two let me know and i will fly you up

3. jimjoy12

jimjoy12 LawnSite Member

Really I would love too I could use the money when I will drive up now if i have too

4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Good idea. I'd ditch the S10 and stick with the F150. It will hold up much better and your mileage will be that different.

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry, I was thinking of the Toro Timemaster. The Exmark Commercial 30 is very similar to the Toro Turrfmaster. I didn't realize that Toro came out with a commercial version.

6. chagh2.0

chagh2.0 LawnSite Member

No dont drive i will pm u my number we will still be in for at lest 2 weeks but i will need you up here in 1 week for shore work and what not

7. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Doesn't toro own exmark? They look to be nearly identical.

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Yes and yes.

9. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I run a setup much like that, only my lots are suburbarn and very small, I doubt any are over 1/4 acre, but I'm not sure, they generally take 30min or less and and are within a few minutes of each other. I run solo and can do anywhere from 12-18 in a day, some are gardening but most are just cutting, I would stick with the fullsize truck, you need and 8ft bed for this to work best, an s10 just seems too small, and the milage wouldnt be much more, plus its nice to have a handheld and a backpack blower, plus 2 trimmers and 2 mowers in case one starts acting up or you break a wheel or something stupid that shuts you down. Just my thoughts.

10. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I personally do not like your your concept but if that is your plan then this is the problem with it. Way to much grass on acre lawns for equipment this small you need to be targeting accounts under 10000 sq ft preferably under 5000 sq ft. If you have lawns that small in your area great go for this plan if not you need to modify it.