Efficient way of removing leaves from beds?? Help please

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Jan 16, 2012.

1. One of my properties has beds with leaves but stuff like liriope, ferns, impatiens, and overall tight areas. Does anyone have a VERY efficient way of removing leaves in these situations? I'm really trying to get very efficient at this property. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

does the beds have mulch or rock? I would say some kind of vacuum

3. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

wouldnt the vacuum pick up the rocks and mulch two tho?

4. Hey guys no mulch or rock.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Got a blower/vac system for cheap through a friend and they have the worst power I have ever seen. Could barely blow a leaf 3'.

But they are perfect for leaf pick up, as long as they are dry!! Just move it quick back and forth over the area and the heavier packed down mulch stays put and the leaves get sucket up.
    [​IMG]

6. Is this gas powered and what brand?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Also, I will be sucking up bigger leaves like awabuki and magnolias...will I have any problems?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

yes its Gas powered, its a Yard Machine, I got it though MTD Canada but here's their website, you can probably find something sold down your way.

http://www.mtdcanada.com/home.asp

9. billslawn89

I have an older crapsman blower and I bought the vacuum bagger setup for it years ago and just use it for hard to get areas that I can't use the stihl blower to blow out the beds. Stihl has them as well. Like gilmore said, sweep it back and forth, and it works for me.

10. billslawn89