Egg In The Yard

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by thomaslawn, Mar 5, 2006.

1. thomaslawn

thomaslawn LawnSite Member

A local mowing service has been going around our neighborhood leaving plastic Easter eggs in homeowner's yards. Inside the egg is a Tootsie Roll and a small typed note that reads " HAPPY SPRING, BUCKEYE LAWNS" Then they give an email address and their phone number. Has anyone ever seen this type of marketing before? Very interesting.

2. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

I would imagine that might be annoying if your not a Jesus lover.

3. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

what if the homeowner eats the tootsie then chokes on it, you know who hes going to call

4. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i guess you wont get that lawn :laugh: :laugh:

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Differnt, I bet a lot of ppl will remember the name of the company

6. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

People sure do come up with some interesting ideas! I wonder how long it took to think up that one!

7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Of course, who in their right mind would eat a tootsie roll someone threw into your yard?? Curiosity would have to get the best of people before they even opened it. I see many lawns that have toys and such laying out all the time, nobody is going to pick it up there other than the kids to kick it, lol!

Not saying it's not a cleaver idea though!

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I like the idea, but I would not (as others mentioned) put a piece of candy in it. Maybe just a business card with some grass seed. The good thing about the idea is that you could deliver a lot of them fairly quickly. As far as the comment about Jesus lovers, there's no way you can be 100% PC with everything you do. I sent out 5000 postcards the year before last and a lot of doorhangers last year. Both times I still got calls offending people just because they received them.

9. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL...I don't think I would go with tootsie rolls either. I would imagine the first kid on the block that realized that there was tootsie rolls in them went around and started collecting. I would put something else that is non-edible.

10. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

I like it! :clapping: