EHCOmatic pro head vs old button head, plz help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncuttinfoo, Sep 24, 2007.

1. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought the srm 251e and it has the ECHOmatic Pro head and it takes me forever to load this thing compared to my 5 yr old srm 210 small button head. instead of the old threading the line through the hole it has 2 small holes you are suppose to put about 2 mm of line into and it's suppose to hold it when you spool it, for me as soon as I start spooling the end falls out, the only way I can spool it is to wrap it on itself at the begining, I really can't see the point of these 2 tiny holes, even if you can get them to grab the line as you spool it the line bends the plastic hole open making it even more difficult next time.

Then you have to load it twice as often since the strands are seperated when one runs out and the other still has a bunch left. Even if you wasted line and spooled them at the same time you have to spool twice.

What am i doing wrong?

not to mention when the bump head wears out you have to buy a whole new head, when the old button one wore out you replaced a tiny button. $5 for the button, $?? for the whole new echomatic pro head?

Please help.