Ehl

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Guido, May 29, 2001.

1. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Has anyone heard of their interlocking pavers or walls in the states? They are "THE" manufacturer over here in Europe. I was just wondering if they do any sales stateside.

Thanks!

2. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

I guess not, since when I saw the title, I thought it said Eh!. :confused: What specific stuff do they make?

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

They make all the interlocking block, retaining walls, concrete flower pot looking walls, etc.

They are the first manufacturer that has said to lay interlocking blocks without any kind of boarder to hold them in!! I just can't figure them out. Have you ever heard of this practice?

I know it would work when it comes to cobble stone and other "loose blocks" but with interlocking blocks I thought the purpose was to "lock them in" so it becomes a pavement. I can't figure it out, but we'll see. I've been arguing it till I'm blue in the face, but I had to cave in and do it this way. We'll see how it turns out. I think the blocks are going to kick out hard when I tamp it, and especially after the winter freeze thaw hits. We'll see.