Electric backpack sprayers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by donal, Feb 3, 2006.

1. donal

donal LawnSite Member

Any body know of such a thing as an electric back pack sprayer. Looking at a 12-15L (3.5-4 US gallon I guess). As I do so much backpack spraying, I have found it has given me tennis elbow with all the trigger pulling and pumping. One way around this would be an electric sprayer run off a Small battery so the hard gripping will not be needed, which is what causes the tennis elbow.

Not sure if these exist, but would be grateful for info on them if they do. Would sure save me a lot of arm pain!! I know there are small electric trailed or mounted sprayers, but not come across a backpack one as yet.Unfortunately the trailed and mounted ones are not suitable for my purpose. Thanks for any help. Donal
  2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

they do make electric Bp sprayers, I think there are a few different ones on the market.
  4. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been using an electric Sureflow (might be spelled differently).. It has a capancity of 4-5 gallons, and 5 speed settings.. It uses a standard battery that you can buy at any farm store, and a charge lasts about 3-8 hours...

I'd buy it again.. nice sprayer, and it's quiet.
  5. Weedburner

Weedburner LawnSite Member

Not sure what's available in your part of the world. I also like the Shurflo. They cost about 165.00 dollars and work well. I use it for roundup and large areas I can't get into with my Grasshopper.
  6. donal

donal LawnSite Member

Is the sureflow just an electric pump ,or is it an electric on/ off switch on the handle? When spot weed spraying , the constant clench/ relax motion on the gun trigger is causing all the tennis elbow. If I can get an electric trigger for the lance it would be great
  7. donal

donal LawnSite Member

Also how is the quality on the sureflow unit. I have been using Solo and Swissmex backpacks for many years which are of a similar quality. How does Sureflow compare in quality to these two brands?
  8. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

The best electric back pack sprayer on the market is called rocketsprayer.com
    it is a very good unit. check them out, but for the heavy duty model they run about 350 and some change, but very dependable.
  9. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

The ShurFlow Has 5 pump speed/pressure settings, and an off setting.. The pump, will automatically turn itself on, or off depending on the amount of built pressure in the tank. The wand has a standard relase valve handle, like you would see on a manual sprayer..

I don't have any 1st hand experience with any other sprayer, but I am very happy with this one thus far. (I've used it as my ONLY sprayer all last year, doing entire routes of lawns with it)
  10. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

That unit looks perfect for spot spraying. I wish I didn't already have an electric Shurflo backpack or I would buy one. The Shurflo is heavy on the back with the battery along with 4 gallons of water.

How many hours have you used yours. Any problems with the wheels not heavy duty enough for the weight or any other problems?