electric broadcast spreader?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ludwiglawncare, Feb 15, 2004.

1. ludwiglawncare

ludwiglawncare LawnSite Member

I was just wondering if anyone out there has used any of the 4mowerproducts? I am looking for a good broadcast spreader to mount on the zero turn and this one is a significantly cheaper than the copetition. I saw the adverstisemnt in a lawncare magazine and then checked out the website. Can't wait to get back to work !!

2. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

i've seen that earthway has a electric unit for backs of utility golf carts.I think you may be able to rig it up for front of a zero turn. Food for thought!!

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

lesco makes 1 it works great
    check there

4. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

I have used a JRCO electric spreader on my Z for three years. Pricy but a great product.. No more red face and pounding chest from pushing a spreader for me...

BobR

5. ANDY-W

ANDY-W LawnSite Member
    from IN

We use Spyker electrics on our z-sprays and one on a gator. They are expensive but worth it. We tried a 4mower unit and the solenoid kept failing. Good luck

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Do a search here at Lawnsite. There are many pictures of them. I mounded my electric spreader then saw someone Else's Idea on mounding them. Wished I had done it there way.

Install a Rheostat to control broadcast wheel speed and you can adjust your width. However realize you must calibrate to that width.

Riding is a lot easier than pushing, you will love the electric spreader.

7. ladylawncare

ladylawncare LawnSite Member

Just purchased a JRCO electric broadcast spreader for my 36" toro walker It did cost but I am in hopes it is accurate and holds up well I am too old to push a spreader
    Neil Young said it Best "Comes a Time" :D
    Anyway I plan on getting into lawn apps this yeaaar got the license etc.. and going to start with granular and back pacI did see a really great spreader mate add so maybe by mid summer if the $$ is right I will get
    Sue

8. ludwiglawncare

ludwiglawncare LawnSite Member

Thanks so much for the input. I purchased the jrco today. It just sounded like the best overall product.

9. ladylawncare

ladylawncare LawnSite Member

Got the broadcast JRCO today.. Went to calibrate. Ok got the speed of my toro for 88ft2 no problem put in fert 1/2 rate I like to make 2 passes so no streak. Pull gate control --no go pull agan comes out!!!:angry: ok look under machine and nut holding deflector is gone and set screw holding cable to gate is gone :angry: :angry: :angry: Could have fixed but paid good money for this..Talk to salesman duh Serviceman must have put the spreader on and not tightened anything down be out Mon. to fix :angry: :angry: Excuse me but I'm a girl and I know enough to tighten the :angry: screws down so check over your machine before use
    Sue

10. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

LADYLAWNCARE - Oops not a great beginning, got mine direct from the factory (foot control) not one problem in three years. I also do not like stripes and do apps with the two pass method. Just be careful not to over apply.

BobR