1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Electric chute blocker video

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tharrell, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Where have I been? I didn't know we could post videos!
    Anyway, here's a video of my chute blocker.

Attached Files:

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't play it..
  3. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

what all did you use to make that? Also, have you had any trouble with wear on the small motor or problems with water getting in it?
  4. Tharrell

Winamp works best to see and hear it.
    No, the only problem I've had, I created myself.
    I snagged a guide wire and bent the arm and tried to hammer it back without disconnecting the arm from the motor. I broke the gear so I just bought a new one and bolted it right up. I think that motor was $60-65 or something like that. I guess I could have cleaned it up a bit before taking that video but, I had just gotten my digiital camera and wanted to try the mpeg feature.
  5. stboo6

stboo6 LawnSite Member

pretty slick...do you have pic of the whole thing??
  6. Tharrell

There's a bunch of pics in the picture forum.
  7. CutNLawns

CutNLawns LawnSite Member

Wow this is pretty scary! I was driving home after mowing today and i was thinking about building a electric chute blocker myself. Seems like it would be really simple to do. Nice job. When I build mine I'll have to post some pics.
  8. Tharrell

Better know how to weld or it'll cost you. Also, use the loops that came with your mower so you can take it to another mower or sell it. The numbnuts who did the welding cut off my loops. Stupids!

You know, why in the heck don't the manufacturers come up with one as an option? It could be incorporated in the standard chute. Don't tell me about DC, it's not the same.
  9. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Tharrell...how did you get your actuator arm to fit over the plastic cog on the motor. The Masterchute I got actually had a 12 point daisy shape punch out to match the gear on the electric motor. What did you do or do you have a close up of the arm attached to the motor. Thank you.
  10. Tharrell

They brazed it to the arm. I bought a new one when I goofed up and it comes with it. A circlip holds it on and I had to buy a special pair of pliers to get it off.
    Btw, can you post some pics of the masterchute footswitch?