Electric Chute Blocker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gl1200a, Jul 28, 2004.

1. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Here is one of the unit in the closed position.

masterchute 3.jpg
  2. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

1.) To open and close it, do you hit a button, turn a switch, step on a switch?

2.) Did you install it?

3.) How much and who makes it?
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Are you aware that you can post more than one pic in a single thread? I noticed you have 3 pics and 3 threads of the same subject. By the way....looks good. So is the chute either closed or opened and cannot be in between?
  4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Tell me how to post multiple pics.
  5. Qwikchute

Qwikchute LawnSite Member

Looks like you spent a fair amount of time and did a good job on making your OCDC. I am sure it saves you alot of time and
    aggravation, well worth the effort. For the people out there who don't have the time, we at GTM Manufacturing have a Qwikchute
    to fit the John Deere. It is a mechanical opperation so you don't have to tie into the electrical system. See it at www.qwikchute.com
  6. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

You reply to your own thread and and just add it in the next frame down. You have to used the Reply link at the bottom right corner on the post not the one at the bottom of the page.
  7. gl1200a

OK, Highgrass...

The chute is operated by a rocker foot swtich. Push on the left side and it raises / right side closes it. It springs center which is neutral.

I fabricated and installed (basically) the entire unit.

You can buy a unit like it (and one that mine is based on) for a very limited few brands from Masterchute.com for about $300 w/ shipping.
  8. gl1200a

Sorry, here is the open position

masterchute 2.jpg
  9. tru cut

tru cut LawnSite Member

gl1200a, I would like to make the same thing for my 777. what kind of window motor and switch is that.
    Thanks Todd
  10. packmate81

packmate81 LawnSite Member

masterschute is made ig Grand rapids Mi. if you knew the guys that made and how much they get into that stuff it would be well worth the 300 bucks....

last i heard they also fit most lines now...if you cant get one pm me and ill get you one straight from the people who make it