electric clutch wires

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Paradise Landscapes, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Terry,

Today somehow, my electric clutch engagement had quit working. I got under my 1995 eXmark Turf Tracer and noticed 2 wires broken. The conection from the clutch is not there. Must have got ripped off I do not know how. But, The connections comming through the bottom of the frame plate is there.

The connections at the frame plate are white and orange.
    The connections at the clutch are 2 grey or black. They have a T connector that inter-lock.

The horizontal section of the T is white.
    The vertical section of the T is Orange.

If you were to look up from underneath, Which color would they connect to? The left? And The right?

Please contact me ASAP! I won't connect anything until I hear from you either a call or post becuase I don't want to blow out the clutch.
    Thank you

Charles Miller
    Cell # 330-647-2151

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Charles,

Per our conversation this morning the clutch appears may be an aftermarket replacement.

The easiest thing to do is get yourself a couple of lengths of wire with some alligator clips on the ends or a couple lengths of wire and a compadre to lend an extra set of hands.

Connect one end of one wire to the + terminal of the battery and the other to one gray wires. Then take the other wire and connect one end to the - terminal of the battery and the other to the other gray wire. The clutch should "click" or engage. If it does not “click” you’ll need to swap the two wires out. Mark the leads a + or - as they relate to the battery. The gray wire marked + connects to the orange wire in the wiring harness. The gray wire marked - connects to the white wire in the harness.

Give me a call in you have any further questions.

Thanks

Terry

3. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Terry,

I thank you. much.
    That did work and did put me back into the game.