Electric Discharge Chute Blocker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by POPO4995, May 14, 2007.

1. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wanted to tell everyone about this OCDC I was told about by a local Deere dealer. He orders direct from the manufacturer instead of Ebay but I looked at it on Ebay and was impressed. I ordered one for my 737 so I will have to let you all know how it works. Got mine for $249.00 out the door. Heres a link to look at it on Ebay, it will fit any brand mower.:usflag:

http://cgi.ebay.com/OCDC-Powered-Di...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Ebay Item # -- 270117725294

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

3. zeroturner

zeroturner LawnSite Member

Looks like a good unit. Keep us posted on how it performs.

4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

until your operator hits something. bending a control rob back in place is much easier and cheaper than getting a new power window motor...

FWIW my control rods on the ZTR ends up just to the right of the sticks on my Scag, and on the WB its cable driven with the cable ending close to the the throttle. so in either case its not in t he way...http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=175088 scroll down to post #25 and see the pics... plus with the rubber flap (truck mud flap) its a bit more forgiving than the metal.

5. Power Chute Design

Power Chute Design LawnSite Senior Member

I've had Power Chute test designs on my Z-Traks for five years now. They sit out on an open trailer from March until November every years in the rain, sun, wind, dust and everything else that comes along and are used every day in my lawn care business.

I bent my chute at a right angle last year on a 10 inch farm fence post at the front hinge with six inches of chute sticking straight out. I went back to the trailer and bent it back with a crescent wrench with not on bit of damage to the chute or welds. I've bent every part and pressure wash every bit of the motor and chute a few times each week.

Last week I caught the linkage keeper bracket on my trailer and bent it out and had the linkage fall off and dragging. I took the same wrench and put it all back in place and bent it back and went on with my entire mowing routine without failure.

And I have not had ONE failure of the chutes or motor. I still have the same motor on mine for the past five years. I back these Power Chute motors and all workmanship and welding for LIFE. And you will catch your manual lever on something and tear it off before you every tear one of these motors off of a chute that I make by hand for every customer.

6. POPO4995

Will this fit on my 737 54" if I decide to put on a powerflow system or will I have to take it off?

7. jray3369

jray3369 LawnSite Member

I just bought one and have had it for two weeks, i kind of wonder why they dont come factory.

I had to put mine together (do not make one for a tank) which for me was a pain, i just had trouble with lining the hinges up. But all in all its sweet.

The cycle is real fast and smooth. Helps a lot!!

8. Power Chute Design

Power Chute Design LawnSite Senior Member

POPO... You have to remove it, but all that takes is the removal of just two bolts and it's off!

9. POPO4995

Sweet!:waving:

10. bowhunter74

bowhunter74 LawnSite Member
    from mo

I've never used an OCDC, do you get any clumping or any unsightly spots in the lawn when used?