Electric impact wrench

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Moguy, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

Has anyone used these, instead of the air compressor type? Reason I ask is because I dont have the shop space for an air compressor and was wondering if I could use the electric kind for most mower maintenance? The main concern being, does it put out enough torque for changing blades etc., which for my mower is 115 to 120 ft lb. Any comments much appreciated.

2. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

The one I looked at in a rental center had 240 ft.lbs of torque.

Should work.

3. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

My buddy works at a shop and got the snap on cordless rechargable impact gun that they have and you can rip off lug nuts like nothing with it, but its a little pricy , I think he said it was $250.oo Too rich for my blood...

4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the 18v milwauke cordless impact. It works very well, and i am able to take it with me anywhere...frequently in the field. Highly recomended. Do a search, there are a few recent ones pertaining to this

5. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a used Makita on Ebay that is a corded electric. Only once has it failed to remove a blade. I like it. Got it for around $80

6. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

well worth it - I was actually lucky enough to trash - pick one that runs on 12v Dc - keep in the truck - it's great - never failed yet.

7. I went to a Sears service center and bought a craftsman corded electric for $80.00. Had it 2 years now with no problems, got the same warranty as a brand new one for a third of the price.

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Go cordless...Makita's are nice btw.

9. Florida 5 Star

Florida 5 Star LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I have a Dewalt that I got at lowes I bought it for $179 and the sockets. But it does not fit under the mower deck when I use my jungle jack. So i bought a new compressor and air impact wrench also a new generator to power the air compressor. If your intrested in my used once Dewalt pm me Im looking to sell it