Electric or Cordless

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by RedSquareLandscaping, Jun 30, 2009.

1. RedSquareLandscaping

RedSquareLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Hi, Just wondering because some neighbors of my costomers are asking which type of leaf blower they should use. Even though i would always choose gas, if you are a green freak or just like big cords fine. Please tell me what you think.

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

If you're a green freak, you should at least do enough research that today's gas powered equipment is so constricted that I probably pollute more when I fart.

3. RedSquareLandscaping

from NJ

So true thanks for my forst post

4. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Tell hime to get a broom
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. RedSquareLandscaping

from NJ

Yeah i guess that works but its still gas with a STHL Power Broom
    Or do u mean just a hand broom

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Probably a hand broom.

But it takes fuel to make those.

7. RedSquareLandscaping

from NJ

I guess but a power brom attaches 2 any echo trimmers

8. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

RedSquare,
    I maintain several elderly customers lawns, and they often want to keep their walkways and driveways clear during those days we don't mow. The thing to tell them is, electric is less noisy, however some brands squeel like pigs because of the motor and are hard on the ears.. Cordless blowers or gas blowers are somewhat heavier for some people. Then they will have to keep 2-cycle fuels around and stabil fuel additives. The resistance created by the gas handheld blowers are too much for the average person. It can be burdening on their wrists and lower back. There are some light weighted blowers of each style, so I advise them to pick up a unit from the retail stores and hold it. Perform the movements at the store as they would do it at home and see if each unit is uncomfortable.
    The last thing to close the deal is asking the customer if they want to swing around power cords and go through the hassle of hang-ups on just about everything around the lawn? Their is no real easy way to go as each has it pro's and con's!!!
    All else fails----------Get a Broom and a dustpan!!!!!!!

9. RedSquareLandscaping

from NJ

Well i thought a possibitly would be is a BD Cordless Broom.
    18V Good for a lenghty 35 minutes
    only weighs 7.5 lbs.
    What u think

10. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, and I also suggest the Black and Decker cordless leaf blower for general cleanup around the property, and call me in the fall when they need the bulk of their leaves removed.

I also suggest buying a couple extra batteries, but on one full charge. generally they can do what they need to before it dies.