1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Electric spreaders.... spread 4 mower or JRCO???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Evan528, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I guess im at the point where im tired of pushing those heavy spreaders around and want something more operator friendly. Wich of those 2 electric spreaders do you recomend? Wich one spreads more evenly? Wich one is contructed better?? The Jrco is a little more expensive but price is no deciding factor....I want the spreader that will serve me better. Any one who has experience with either or one of these 2 spreader please chime in. Gotta make a decision in the next day or so as spring is just around the corner! Thanks. :help:
  2. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Having purchased 2 spreaders like you have talked about, I think the Lesco truckster spreader is a good bargain for the money. I was able to fab up a bracket system to fit on my Wright Stander and put a different set of controls on it to open and shut the gates. I also own a Perma-green Ultra which does a good job too!
  3. Evan528

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunatly I do not have the time or experience to fabricate therefore I am really only looking into spreaders that are ready to attach to my Dixie chopper straight from the factory.
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I agree that the Lesco Truckster is great, but it always requires fabing some sort of hook up for your machine. Isn't the spread for more$$$ spreader just basically a lesco with a receiver hitch on it? Iv'e only seen it in magizines... If it's similar to a lesco and has brackets available to fit different machines I'd say that's the top pick.
  5. ns400r

ns400r LawnSite Member

haste makes waste, take the time to do things right

BTW we got 2 lesco trucksters, and love them, haven't used them much since the PG's have come along
  6. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I have a Spyker 220. I is prettty nice. I like the variable speed on the impeller. You can also adjust the pattern. It is stainless steel. I also have a 110, that I have never used. I would be willing to sell.
  7. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the jrco and it is a fine piece of equip. I do wish I fabricated a Lesco truckster as it is hard to get used to the pattern of the jrco after soo many years of using a lesco spreader.
  8. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

The lesco truckster is a good machine and parts are easy to attain!
  9. Evan528

Anyone else experience with either of the 2 sppreaders I mentioned? :)
  10. ns400r

ns400r LawnSite Member

Evan, doesn't it drive you nuts when you ask about 2 products but everyone comments on another one, and not the ones you where looking for?

But there is a reason in this case