1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Electric Start on WB?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by echeandia, Feb 24, 2007.

1. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wondering how many of you have electric start on your WB mowers? Is it worth it? Should I consider buying a mower with electric start?

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldnt. both of my walk behinds take 2 pulls to fire up. One is an old 48 bobcat .

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy the electric start there is no way i am pulling a rope to start,if you are cutting 10 properties a day think,also in enclosed trailers it's so easy.
  4. thes

thes LawnSite Member

If you can afford the electric start...then go for it!
    I have both...and prefer the electric start hands down! :clapping:
  5. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

i went with the pull start and wish i would of spent the extra money and got the electric start.
  6. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

My cub cadet WB is pull start it takes a full pulls first thing in the morning but after the first start of the day it will fire up with one pull. I would prefer electric start but pulling isn't that bad because it gets the jobs done

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Electric start is nice, but when that thing breaks, it's $300-$400 for a new one...with you installing it. Also, when it breaks, the new motors don't have anywhere to wrap a rope around for emergency starts.
  8. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Electric start is the way to go in my opinion.
  9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Very good point.....how do you start a electric start machine in the field if it is broke? My experience has been if I don't do yearly maintenance on the starter they only go about 2 years when used heavy use.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never spent that much on a electric starter just a wheel/sprocket on the starter and a battery.