Electric start self propelled mower question?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by coobie, Jan 27, 2012.

1. coobie

coobie LawnSite Member

My lovely wife had a heart attack last year(all is well now)and she can not pull start our old honda self propelled mower the way she used to.We are in the market now for a electric start self propelled push mower.Any suggestions?Thanks.coobie

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

honda makes one of those as well.

3. coobie

coobie LawnSite Member

Got a quote on the honda the price was around $825 plus tax.coobie

4. professional

professional LawnSite Member

I had a Honda 21" hydro drive/elec. start I bought in 2000. Looked up the invoice, I paid $879 back then. Looks like that is one thing that hasn't gone up in cost over the years. Gave it to my dad a couple years ago and he loves it. It has never had any problems. I started using John Deere and I have their newest 22" elec. start. It retails I believe for $499. It has a far superior cut when mulching. Bagging, not so much so. I mulch everything.

5. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

Did you check out the TORO time master 30" mower with personal pace and electric start ?
    It's a brand new model just coming this year
    Price: with electric start: $1099.95
    Price with recoil start: $999.95
    take note these are Canadian prices!
    Hope this helps :)

6. coobie

coobie LawnSite Member

Thank you I will also check out the toro line.coobie

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I got what you need......Lawnboy with start. Got it for my wife and it has sit for awhile. I got it out cleaned it carb and charged battery and it started. They are a little easier to move around than Honda and Toro. I still haven't figured out to ship stuff so mine is not availabl.e