Electrolysis, Galvanic corrosion, crappy work...etc.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by SprinklerGuy, May 20, 2006.

1. This guy said his pvb wouldn't stop leaking...upon arriving, the check valve was removed and the poppet was in upside down..homeowner out of town. I put it all back together like humptydumpty....turned downstream BV off and fired it up.....sealed fine. Opened downstream BV....all 6 valves appear to be stuck...but I cannot be sure because I can't hear a frigging thing with the PVB gushing...

Note the beautiful galvanized mani....the nice saddle tap for swamp cooler..(it leaks also)...

I told the homeowner I would love to rebuild this rube goldberg and make it all work for him...he said no way and has so far refused to pay me for my time....

Picture worth 65 bucks? anyone?

galvanizedmani.jpg

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Hey no manifold drain!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

That's a lovely attraction on the side of the house. I bet it helps bring the value of the home up. What a POS!!

If he won't pay, go take the check valve back out, and flip the poppet back over. Let him figure it out

4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

My sentiments also. Why should that POS get away with his POS? :hammerhead:

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I think we have a finalist for the ugmo install of the week.

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Is the bill only $65?

We file liens on non payers, but its probably not worth $65.

That looks like a extra union collar on the copper.

Where is the other union? :D

7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

What exactly is a swamp cooler, and why did they use a saddle tap with a 1/4 outlet?

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Swamp Cooler = evaporative air cooler, which is effective only in a low-humidity climate.

9. swamp cooler fill valves use 1/4 threaded connections...

He called yesterday, wants me to put all new valves in the ground in boxes.....do it my way he says....and then check it all...I told him we will need to get a credit card on file due to the fact that he works out of town and our schedules conflict....

This will be a good mornings work and very good pay :) I am happy now.

10. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Good to hear Tony. You prolly pissed him off and he now realizes that what you were originally saying was da facts. :clapping: