Electromagnetic Clutch

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by JDK, Aug 8, 2003.

1. JDK

JDK LawnSite Member

First time posting, hope I get this right!

Can someone tell me what brand of clutch is being used on the Hustler Mini Z / Super Mini Z and the ft. lbs. rating, ex:110 ftlbs, 200ftlbs...

Thank you for the reply!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is a Warner brand clutch and it has a 200 ft lb rating.
    Some early build units may have a Ogura clutch.

Later
    Pj

3. JDK

JDK LawnSite Member

Hey PJ,

Thanks for the reply, it helps me out a lot. What is considered an "early" model? If I purchase a Mini/Super Mini Z this year would it be safe to assume it has the Warner clutch or is there an easy way to quickly identify which type is on the unit I am looking at?

I would like to purchase soon and your customer support is a HUGE selling point to me, keep up the great work.

JDK

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

They changed to a Warner a while ago.
    You need to look at the clutch, it will say Warner right on it, on a small tag.
    The Ogura clutch is shaped like a triangle on the bottom, with adjusters on all 3 corners for air gap adjustment.
    The Warner is round on the bottom (looks like a small bell) and has no adjuster on it. It also has a wire pigtail connector on the bottom (quick disconnect).

If you have any other questions let me know, I would be more than happy to answer your questions on anything related to your purchase or maintenance of a Hustler product.

Hope this helps
    Pj