Electronic organizers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Toroguy, Apr 22, 2002.

?

Do you use a PDA or laptop or other electronic organizer while in the field?

1. Yes, I use a PDA

21 vote(s)
    42.0%
  2. Yes, I use a laptop computer

9 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. No, but I am considering purchasing an electronic organizer or similar

13 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. No,

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  5. No, I still use carbon paper

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Im curious as to how many use PDA's, pocket PC's or laptops while in the field.

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

:D I have a pda, has mileage program, qxpress and other stuff on it. It has been a real time saver for me this year!!!!!!!!!!

3. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

i use a pocket pc just made a mulch calculator ,lawn measuring tool,entire nursery price list.job tracking you name it

4. Toroguy

Premo and Promo thanks for the replies, and thanks so far for everyones votes.

Yes these "toys" are very handy, a calculator, date book, spreadsheet, phonebook all in one. The talk around the campfire at Palm and Handspring is for the next generations to be all the above and a cell phone as well. That will be a future poll...

If you haven't voted please do,

Thanks in advance

5. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

Just got my handspring, it will be the first year in the field, i think it will be a major time saver, just downloaded act so that will be my daily sheet,
    AK Lawn

6. ProMo

if anyone is going to get one make sure it can be used outside i took one back because if the sun was out it was useless

7. Toroguy

Good point Promo, my Handspring is poor during the winter, fogs up so when you wipe the screen, you skip to another location.

The new thing I was mentioning is the "Treo" which has the wireless phone built in.

I am also happy nobody has voted for the carbon paper:p

8. I actually use both......laptop for traveling and a Cassiopea PDA for local travel.....

The higher end PDA's don't have the glare problem or fogging up

9. ProMo

i cant use my cassiopea in the sun its ok in the shade i think the hp is supposed to be good in bright locations havnt run it over with the mower yet but when i first got it my son dropped it while i was backing the stang out of the garage good thing it was just the corner

10. Toroguy

Don't jinx yourself man!