Electronic organizers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Toroguy, Apr 22, 2002.

?

Do you use a PDA or laptop or other electronic organizer while in the field?

1. Yes, I use a PDA

21 vote(s)
    42.0%
  2. Yes, I use a laptop computer

9 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. No, but I am considering purchasing an electronic organizer or similar

13 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. No,

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  5. No, I still use carbon paper

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

Thats okay Toro, I just ran over my cell phone yesterday with the one ton:(

2. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

I use PDA and laptop

3. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow LawnSite Senior Member

I use a custom made program on a laptop that handles most paperwork aspects of my business. It keeps my customer database which tells everthing about that customer including thier entire history. handles billing, scheduling, payments, everything.

4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I have and use both. I find that i prefer using the laptop though.

5. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a Palm 515 after debating all of this for awhile. It's great, was right decision for me and has worked flawlessly. If your in biz I suggest the rechargeable versions of these devices.

I've also downloaded an irrigation calculator from the internet plus a few other programs of value. Palm Gear

6. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Well I would DIE without my el cheapo Handspring NEO...only $200...I'm no lover of techy toys...but being a small operator and trying to keep so many balls in the air with no office help is a daunting task...it is in my back pocket 12 hrs a day...I'd be lost without it...and I dont have ANY problem seeing it in the sun...just tilt the damn thing....of all my toys and tools this one is right up there with the Nextel phone....for you newbies....get one and use it!

7. Lawn Wizard

Lawn Wizard LawnSite Member

I use a palm m130. Went from a bulky day planner, overflowing wallet, calculator, clip board, countless post it notes, and concolidated them all into this one convenient location.