1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Elgee power vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tjg, Feb 4, 2001.

1. tjg

tjg LawnSite Member

Seen the vac in the new A.M. Leonard catalog on page 84 just woundering if anyone uses one or something like it for leaves in beds,ivy, maybe alot of shurb clippings. How well do they work, what I listed above is about what I would use it for. Now I use the regular blowers and then pick them up with the mowers.Just an idea for about $1900 it might save that in time?
  2. tjg

tjg LawnSite Member

Anyone with a vac? any other brands or ideas?
  3. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Banned

I use a Billy Goat vac that I got free from a neighbor and I find it very useful. It is good for cleaning the street and smaller piles of leaves w/o having to get a rake and barrel and it picks up every little bit of debris. I plan on purchasing a new one ( Billy Goat) w/a Honda engine from Alamia or local dealer. They are useful for smaller size properties that need to be perfectly clean. It also reduces the leaf volume which helps. It's easier to use a vac on small properties b/c the leaves don't blow all over if it's windy. It has it's place.
  4. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I saw the same vac in AM lenord too, I think I will stick to the Billy goat or Parker vac systems.