eliminated pain in my wrist by doing this

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Aug 1, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We used to use ChemLawn lawn guns. In the mid 90's, we switched to TeeJet lawn guns. My wrist pain quickly went away. TeeJet lawn guns weigh less than half the amount of ChemLawn guns, they do the same job as the ChemLawn gun, last just as long, and they are very easy to rebuild.

Any feedback on this?:usflag:

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

American,
    I am happy with my Chem Lawn gun--i can replace the O rings in 10 minutes.

However, now how do I get rid of tennis elbow injury from when my Perma Green Ultra hit a chuck hole. Jerked the handle bar and shocked my wrist and elbow.

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Yeah I Love It When The Pg Thinks I Need A Back Adjustment And Finds A Hole

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Have you ever been thrown off yet?

Embarassingly I got thrown off my PG one time because I wasn't paying attention.

There was wet spot on one of my commercial property I spray and of courst it was on a hill. Before I even knew it...I was getting "deep" and as I whipped it to get out of the WET SPOT....it grabbed and the next thing I knew I was laying in the middle of the freak'n wet hole. WASN'T A GOOD DAY!

First thing I did was jump up, look around to see if anyone seen me...and then jumped back on her and finished up.

It was funny....since nobody seen it happen!

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

all i can say is it has been fun running the machine i have ended up in the hopper more then once

6. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I whacked a birdfeeder with my forehead today and fell off the back!

7. Did it hurt the birdfeeder ?

8. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Last month, we had a guy who flipped a PG Ultra. I mean "end over end". He was going downhill on the side of a house and hit a hole. The machine ended up upright, but he spilled 50 pounds of fert cuz rhe hopper cover came off. He scooped up as much fert as possible -- then we used two shop vacs to tediously get the rest up. This took about an hour. He was alright, cuz he jumped off.

9. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I hit a hole in a lawn and it threw my off into the side of a mini Barn, boy did that hurt!
    Last fall I had a customer put up a rope between 2 trees to make a dog run it was right at my neck level on the PG! I saw it too late!
    The first thing you do is look around and make sure nobody was watching!

10. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

:dizzy: Probably!