Eliminator Mulch Blades

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by scagman52, Jun 20, 2011.

1. scagman52

scagman52 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know where I can buy these blades? They are for a Scag 48" with the Hurricane Mulch System. The dealer wants $30.00 per blade! I used to get them from a company called Components Plus for $15.00 each but they have discontinued there mower blade line and only sell tracks for skid steers. I have checked all the aftermarket dealers on this site and more to no avail. Maybe some of you guys might have some laying around the shop and would like to get rid of them! Not everyone likes them or uses them but they work great for me. I also put this in the parts for sale section. Any help would be great!

scan0001.jpg

2. TheOctagon

TheOctagon LawnSite Senior Member

There is a blade very very similar to that from Stens. I dont have a book right now to give you a number.

3. scagman52

That blade from Stens is made in France. It really has no comparrison. The cutting surface is much smaller and the teeth are not high lift. Thanks anyway

4. QLM

QLM LawnSite Senior Member

What is wrong dealers have to eat too! I agree picking up over a hundred percent is bad. I needed a switch for my dump truck local it was 147.00! Found the same switch on line for 25.71 with ten more feet of cable! Keep trying you will find them cheaper. Do you know the part number? That is how I saved over hundred on that switch I googled the part number.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. stankers

stankers LawnSite Member

I gave up my search. Loved those blades. Nothing stays as sharp for as long as they did.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. TheOctagon

TheOctagon LawnSite Senior Member

how many are you looking to buy?

7. scagman52

theoctogon---Depending on the price at least 12 blades.

8. cgm147

cgm147 LawnSite Member

we have them at my dealer they are around 25 a blade in salisbury nc!!

9. cgm147

cgm147 LawnSite Member

the part number from scag is 483316 and they are 22.32
    a blade so 72.32 a set with tax

10. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

LOL, I use them on my 36" TTHP. pay $27 ea. I call them retirement blades, cause my mechanic is going to retire off what I have to pay for them.