1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Eliminator Mulching Blade - Check these out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cybervision, Jun 10, 2008.

1. cybervision

cybervision LawnSite Senior Member

I just ordered a set of these blades for my UltraCut last week. I paid under $15.00 each plus a small shipping charge. Received them within 2 days. I have not had a chance to use them but I am looking forward to trying them out. They are 1/4" thick.

I thought I would pass this information along. These are the Scag Eliminator Blades. The company also has them to fit a wide range of machines and sells them direct.

Scag Site:

2. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

Cybervision are you currently running a mulch kit on your mower.. if so how do you like it.. Thanks
  3. cybervision

cybervision LawnSite Senior Member

No, I am not running a mulch kit. I actually just put an OCDC on the mower last night. Currently I am running doubles Gators over High Lifts. This setup is working better than just using the High Lifts. I am going to change out the Gators with the new Eliminators and try them soon. I don't know if it will make things better or worse than my current setup. But I am sure in the fall I will be using the Eliminators in some configuration.

I have not tried these Blades out yet but heard from some Scag owners they work very well. When I found out the manufacturer sell them for many other machines I wanted to post it for anyone that may be interested.
  4. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

I've never run gators. What's the difference between Eliminators and Gators?
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have run the curvy scag mulch blades for over 7 years with the outlet blocked and does fine......but I also run staight scag blades sometimes and that work also. Maybe if you are going to run with outlet open maybe the curvy ones will do better.
  6. Craig T

Craig T LawnSite Member

Exmark also sells a wavy or offset blade called the Excalibur which I used to run on my TTHP, and it mulched great. The only thing added to these Eliminator blades it the fins or gator teeth if you will on the back of the blade. After seeing this blade on there web-site I'm willing to bet it will be one of the better if not the best mulching blade out there.
  7. jrush

jrush LawnSite Member

click on the link and watch the video, it explains it. Now I'm curious if they work better, I don't really like the cut of the gators, if they cut better and still destroy the clippings like the gator I'll place my order asap.
  8. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I'm anxious to hear how you like them.
  9. karlgrooms

karlgrooms LawnSite Member

Any new thoughts on these blades??? I'm very interested but i only discharge my clippings. Looking for something to chop leaves better than standard Ferris blades... Just curious if they perform as well as they say.

Are they mail order or dealer direct?

Anybody with a Ferris using these?
  10. karlgrooms

karlgrooms LawnSite Member

Found a local dealer for the eilminator, going talk him in the morn.........The ad said they are 4 in 1 I will try discharging. Guess I will give them a whirl..See if they live up to their billing. Hoping to cut down on the stragglers shred leaves better.