elvex work tunes hygiene kit?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdb landscaping, Dec 8, 2004.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

does anybody know if elvex makes the ear muff replacement parts for their radio work tunes. i went online and ordered a set, and it turns out i must be slow, cause i ordered peltor ones by accident and they dont fit. i cant seem to find any replacement ones elvex makes?

2. wmsland

wmsland LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

Yes Elvex does make and sell " Hygiene Kits " as they call them. You can't order them over the web but get their number off of their website and order them direct. They do get a little funky after a while, don't they?

3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Where did you get the Peltor replacements at? I need some foam and ear pieces. The stihl hygenie ear pieces fit, but the foam isn't quite right.

:D

4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

You know I read somewhere that said wearing ear / headphones like these increases bacteria growth up to 700X in the ear canal? I wear mine sometimes for as long as 6 hours on installs. Got to take em off once in a while and wipe the sweat from the ear cups...ugh..I'm sure mine could use some new pads and foam... :p

5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

"700X"

I never thought about it. Now I will... Thanks to you! :(

I need a kit for my Peltors. Matt.. tell me what the part number is and where to buy it. Or do you want to sell me the one you have?

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Don't worry , Tom. My ears haven't fallen off...

yet!! LOL.. :D

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i got the peltor ones from wesoftsolutions.com i beleive it was.

8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

With my stihl headphones, I can always take them apart and clean them, replace the foam and ear thingys. With the peltors it's not so easy. A couple years ago I got a bad rash around my ears from wearing headphones, I had to use ear plugs for a while.

I have to say, these peltors are better at noise reduction than my stihl phones were. Even if I'm not listening to the radio, I wear those instead.

:D

mdb, that link is for web hosting.

9. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

You bought them from a web development site?

10. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member