1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Email billing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Frontier-Lawn, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Email billing, does any one do it and how do you do it. heres the software i use.
    money 2005 Small business
    gopher pro
    outlook express with paypal plug-in
  2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

people don't pay enough attention to emails for me to trust 'em .
    I use the US mail
  3. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i think it would give late payers even more reason to pay later... if you have a small client base that pays well i would probably say it might be worth it..
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi Frontier-Lawn,

Did you know you can print your invoices to pdf format and then email them as an attached file?

Maybe this will help.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates.Make your own logo Free.</center>
  5. Frontier-Lawn

how do i print to pdf? all it says is ndr and pnr for file types
  6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I do it, send them straight out of QB to those who have internet access.
    Fastest I have ever had for response time, usually 2 to 3 days I have the checks coming in. of those billed that way, I have not had a single slow payer.
    My snail mail accounts take a month to get the checks back to me.
    I wish I could bill them all on e-mail!! :D :D :D :D
    Oh ya, When e-mail billing, Commercial accounts are great, get the e-mail address to the acct payable and if possible a contact persons name so it goes straight to the one who approves the payment. I did that with a comm. that was the slowest payer i ever dealt with. Now I'm payed within a week.
  7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I proposed it 2 years ago. Put a nice note in their monthly invioces.

Not one response. I didn't offer a discount or anything though.

I check email 2-3 times a day (sometimes more). Maybe my customers aren't as web savvy?

Thing is, my Software makes it real easy to do. One button and all email invoices are sent. I set up a few dummy accounts to test it out. Real slick if you ask me.
  8. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm going to start sending envelopes with my return adress with the invoice , otheres tell me it's the best way for a quick return
  9. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

I just started doing it a couple of months ago. And about half of my customers gave me their email address. I tell them to check their email around the first of each month. Works great, Guess which customers didn't give me their email? The freakin late payers!
  10. Frontier-Lawn

do that already with postage.