1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Email from manufacturer

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Nov 26, 2007.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Today I received an e-newsletter from K-Rain. It strongly highlighted the "reasons" that their rotor is better than the Hunter PGP. I was a little irritated at the email and them having to explain how they are playing catch up to the top selling rotor. It's just like if a competitor had to give reasons why they thought they were better than my company. I don't want to hear K-Rain bash the company that I've used for many years. Just give me reasons why the product is good, but don't compare yourself to a good, reliable product like that when advertising. Just thought it was tacky. Anyone else?
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I missed the memo. Maybe a small company is subject to having less-than-sophisticated sales pitches.
  3. sprinklerchris

sprinklerchris LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

I got the same e-mail. I thought the comparison was fine. I think they're simply trying to point out that they offer something that's similar.

I've used their product. It is similar in quality and performance to Hunter, and the price is typically a little better too. I've heard they're less well known outside of the Southeast and maybe don't have the following they do here.