Email guideline

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rkeguy, Mar 31, 2013.

1. d_charters

d_charters LawnSite Member

The e-mail thing is great. except many times I have replied, went and looked, made a quote up, sent it out and oh well I changed my mind. or I can't really afford it right now.

You have never talked to them in person, they don't even realize they are dealing with a real person and wasting your time.

I had a guy on Saturday that wanted a quote to trim his tree. I was booked with other appt. until 1. He said can you come earlier, I said no. He says ok 1.

I got there at 1 and some hack had given him a quote and done the work already.

Funny thing is I think he told them he would clean up the mess and he wanted it cut right back because all that was left was a hudge mess and a tree trunk! Pretty sure he was pissed when he got home.

2. rkeguy

rkeguy LawnSite Member

I appreciate all the insight. Since asking I setup a vacation reply to my email so a potential client has an expection of when I will be contacting them back. I will be looking into a smartphone in the near future so I can have internet access on phone and be able to connect to my email account.

3. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Unfortunely this is a requirement really :-/
    Posted via Mobile Device