email notifications

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Colaguy, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

It seems everytime I post a comment, I get a email re that thread. My mailbox is being overun with these emails. Is there somewhere I can click to stop ALL future email notifications? I go to the Subscribed threads and have to delete every single one! Thanks.

2. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to "my account" and click on the thread after you have posted a comment.

Look for this below:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Subscription Unsubscribe from this Thread

Click unsubscribe, that should do it.

3. Colaguy

I have to click on every single thread in order to unsubscribe. Time wasting.

4. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

you can also go to your "User CP" and choose the "Edit Options" on the left hand side...once on that page you will see "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and there you can choose a different option (such as "Do not Subscribe" or "Subscribe without email notification", etc.)

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

That does work for all threads from that point forward. Unless someone has changed the code recently, all the threads that have already been subscribed to with email notification will still get emails sent regardless of the CP default setting.

6. Colaguy

I found the Edit Options early this AM & fixed it. Thanks.

7. xstatikplus

xstatikplus LawnSite Senior Member

I'm on a phone not sure if this matters but I can't find the email notification stop or any options posted earlier in this thread. The emails are driving me nuts pls help
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

as I had mentioned, not all options are accessible via the mobile version so when you are on a desktop or laptop, change your options via your User CP and you may also need to go into specific threads and "Unsubscribe" for those and the emails will stop