email scam?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irrig8r, Oct 18, 2010.

1. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Anyone else get an email like this recently?

Sounds like some kind of scam to me. If this guy really wanted to order parts he would contact a parts house...

Hello Sir/ Madam,

I'm Mr. John Lee and I will like to make an order of some rain bird sprinklers and hunter sprinklers. Below are the quantities and the types of sprinklers I will like you to special order for me.

32SA Simple Adjust Shrub Rotor
    Qty: 120pcs

22SAF Rotor Sprinkler - Full Circle Spray
    Qty: 150pcs

Hunter PGS - PGP Shrub Rotor + Nozzle Set

Please these are the types and quantities of of sprinklers i will want you to special order for me so can you email me back the total cost include tax and without freight? because it will be picked up from your location so don't include freight also do you take visa card or master card? I will wait to hear from you soon.

Thank You,

Mr. John Lee
    Tel: 1-320-xxx-xxxx​

The phone number is from Avon, Minnesota according to a reverse lookup site... and yeah, of course, makes total sense to come out to pick these up in California, especially when sprinkler season is likely over already in Minnesota... :laugh:

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, scam. I got it too. I actually posted about it here a few years ago. I get the same email every few months. Coincidentally, I get something similar for the backpack company too.

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I called the dude instead of emailing back. POS , may he rot in hell.

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Hello Sir/ Madam,

I'm Mr. John Lee and I will like to make an order of some rain bird sprinklers and hunter sprinklers. Below are the quantities and the types of sprinklers I will like you to special order for me.

32SA Simple Adjust Shrub Rotor
    Qty: 120pcs

22SAF Rotor Sprinkler - Full Circle Spray

Hunter PGS - PGP Shrub Rotor + Nozzle Set

Please these are the types and quantities of of sprinklers i will want you to special order for me so can you email me back the total cost include tax and without freight? because it will be picked up from your location so don't include freight also do you take visa card or master card? I will wait to hear from you soon.

Thank You,
    Mr. John Lee
    Tel: 1-320-356-8036

5. Let me know if you get one on pigtails:usflag: Then I'll know I've made it as a company. Cheating lieing imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Just called him again and asked why are you asking contractors country wide. Has asked how I knew that , I said " your all over the internet boards as a scam" . his reply FU

7. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Lets all call as much as possible just to piss him off. Whats he to gain, anyway? Stupid duckface!

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

This is the one I got for the backpack company.
    Hello,
    My name is Yvonne from Singapore. I have a plan to order from you. But, I have question about the shipping and payment first.
    Can you ship to Singapore via UPS or another door to door shipment?
    Do you accept Mastercard or VISA as forms of payment?
    Looking forward to your reply soon.
    Best regards,
    Yvonne

I saw the email address, and looked up the domain name on google. Found all kinds of threads talking about this being a scam.

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

I never did meet too many "Yvonnes" from Singapore.

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

You've never been to the sleazy red light district have you?