1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rfed32, Aug 7, 2007.

1. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

just wanted to know who uses email with their customers...dates, estamates, billing....and what email domain do u use
  2. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

Established clients often ask for additional services via email
    Usually they just want it done
    If I give a price, it is an estimate/ballpark
  3. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

we have about 30% of our clients that use e-mailto request service or change existing services. This has been helpful in communication between us and the customer.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

We do a lot of estimates via e-mail...it's all in print and so much easier to sit down 'after hours' and take care of business. Never had a problem with it yet.
  5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I use it on a regular basis. Its through yahoo for about $35 a year. Its myname at mycompany name dot com. It looks better than lawnguy69@yahoo
  6. TerraJeeps

TerraJeeps LawnSite Member

I just use my company name@hotmail.com., that will be changing the my company website soon though. I also have about 2/3 of my customers receiving invoices and staements through email, almost all estimates go out through email too. People love it and it saves a lot of headaches with printing, folding, sealing , stamping, mailing... usually get the checks coming in faster from e-mail clients aswell.
  7. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

amen. about 75% of my invoices go out via email. big time and money saver.
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No because I can't get my farking mail program to send outgoing to save my life. I've tried everything and still it just won't send, but it's a new OS and this is to be expected, once fixed absolutely. Email rules, other than for the farking spam I use the company web site domain mail.

btw the issue has something to do with they're both linux systems, the web site server runs redhat apache, mine runs ubuntu feisty (a flavor of debian), I'm just not but so familiar with troubleshooting intricacies yet.
  9. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

we get more people emailing us to do estimate then phone just started useing email for the business and have been getting alot more custemers this year the internet is doing great for our business. ive been getting 2-5 emails a week for the past 4 weeks!!
  10. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

just set a gmail account b.c one of my customers asked if i could email everything so far love it...now 2/3s of the customers use it...couldnt be happier just wasnt sure who was doing this