Emailing Invoices?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Team Gopher, Aug 23, 2003.

Percentage of customers you could email invoices to.

1. 80%-100%

0 vote(s)
  2. 60%-79%

0 vote(s)
  3. 40%-59%

2 vote(s)
  4. 20%-39%

1 vote(s)
  5. 0%-19%

10 vote(s)
  1. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

What percentage of your customer base could you or do you email invoices to?
  2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

I didn't vote

I don't do that now.
    Will be exploring this option now for next season.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

First of all, I'm not sure if all my customers have computers.

Secondly, what % of them are on the Internet either??? BTW, I wouldn't mind being able to do it that way with all of them (right now I'm not doing it with any of them).
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i just acquired a few more accounts this week, i'm going to ask them if they'd elect to recieve their invoices online. I'll let everyone know how it goes.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

like less than 1% of my customers receive their invoices through mail.
  6. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

I e-mail about 50% of invoices.
  7. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

Something that I have noticed in the last year is "not everyone reads their e-mail on a daily basis". For those that do not have e-mail at work, there are many that check it "every once in a while".

As I do a lot of client correspondence via e-mail I also e-mail with 'read notification' to prevent sending a reminder when they haven't read the original (be it an invoice or mail).

And personally, I tend to stack my bills (paper version) in one spot to pay on one day, so an e-mail invoice is going to have to get printed to add to the stack. "Oops, I forgot..."

Of two operators I know doing it - one does 70% (they work only commercial properties) and one does less than 20% (mixed). And each of them try to get e-mail addresses as a standard business procedure for new accounts- for news, invoices, corresp., etc.

Definitely saves the sender the postage!

For those considering it in the future, Quickbooks has the feature.