Emark 36 inch Metro

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Allens LawnCare, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Guys I've got a 98' 36inch metro 14hp Kohler with 140hrs on it that has been starting hard, I took it to my dealer and they rebuilt the Carb, told me its a quick fix but won't last long, appearently the carb has a piece that needs to be cleaned but can't be due to the location, plain and simple they told me I need to replace the carb...anyone heard of this. If so can anyone tell me what carb I would need. I just paid them $162 to trouble shoot/ rebuild the card and grease everything while they're at it. If I do need a new Carb, I'll do it myself.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I have never heard of such. If they rebuilt the carb. PROPERLY you should have no problem, Especially with these low hours. Is it running properly now ?

Would need spec. and maybe serial numbers off the engine to look up the proper carb.

3. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

In short NO! It sounds like you need to look for another dealer, any carb that is properly torn down can be soaked in carb acid and then cleaned out with carb spray, then blown out with compressed air. This would get to any part or passage that I have ever seen on a carb. Since you stated that its hard to start I would make sure that the choke is closing completely when you pull the cable.

Hope this helps.:)

4. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah they fooled around with the choke because after it starts the rpm drop from 3600 to 3200, when I left the shop everything was running fine and holding at 3600, they told me its not drawing enough gas to start when its choked. I guess I'm off to a new dealer when I get out of my cast

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Wise choice.....[​IMG]